I will never forget the first meal I ever tried to make as a child…Spinach Pinwheels. I was so proud of myself for wrapping meat around a vegetable! They looked amazing and my family raved about them. That experience is probably one of the reasons I love to cook to this day, and I love taking on challenges (it doesn’t take much to challenge me). Today’s challenge was Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. If you read my blog, you know that I love me some pork! Tenderloin is probably my favorite because it’s just so darn easy to cook. I would dare to say, you can’t mess up a good tenderloin. When you start with the best like I did, you just can’t go wrong. I personally love Smithfield pork products and for today’s recipe I used the Peppercorn and Garlic tenderloin, but this would also be great with the Garlic and Herb tenderloin (especially for kids).
This Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, has to be my favorite recipe so far. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE pulled pork, but the challenge made this recipe so much more enjoyable when I pulled it out of the oven!
You may be wondering how this could possibly be hard, and honestly it’s not for the normal person, but for me, tying a tenderloin together while also trying to hold it together, did prove to be tricky! Thankfully, I managed just fine, and this bad boy looked, smelled, and tasted AMAZING!
If you are a novice like myself, who has found a new love for cooking, but is still learning, you will not want to skip out on Prep-School. This is a great place to learn all the techniques for cooking the perfect piece of pork!
Okay, so let’s get this party started! Without further ado, here is our newest recipe:
Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic pork tenderloin
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ? cup bread crumbs
- 1 container of goat cheese
- kitchen twine for rolling and tying tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add onion and drained spinach. Cook until onion is soft then add garlic powder, and bread crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Butterfly your tenderloin
- Add a layer of cheese (use the entire container)
- Then add the spinach mixture
- Roll your tenderloin tightly and secure with twine.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45 - 60 minutes
- Check temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is done. (Temp should read 145)
Note: You all know that even though this blog has gone in a different direction over the past four years, I still LOVE saving money! If you plan to make this recipe, or any other for that matter, stop by Food Lion. For the entire month of September Smithfield pork products are $4.99 – $9.99! Meat for under $10, now that’s a deal!
For the month of September, all of these items are an awesome $4.99 – $9.99 – all under $10! Looking for more meal ideas check these out! You can also follow the hashtag
#FlavorHailsfromSmithfield for even more great blogger recipes like this one.
~ This campaign was sponsored by Sverve and Smithfield. All opinions are my own.