If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe, that the kids will love Chicken & Lime Tortilla Skillet is for you! This recipe is super easy to make, and your kids will thank you! I usually make this with regular tortilla chips, but decided to mix it up a bit with the lime. I'm so glad I did because it completely changed the taste of the recipe... and it's better in my opinion, but hey, I love lime. 🙂
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 onion, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups Tostitos Lime (broken into pieces)
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook on both sides until golden-brown, 5-7 minutes (set aside)
- Add the remaining oil, onion, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in half of the tortilla chips.
- Place chicken into the broth and cook over medium low heat about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to cool, then shred.
- Return the chicken to the skillet (over low heat) with the drained Rotel, and 1 cup cheese.
- Stir in the other half of the tortilla chips until they are moistened.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and broil until the cheese is melted 2-3 minutes.