In November I had the privilege of visiting Orlando (for the second time in a year) with a group of bloggers.
While in Orlando, our itinerary included things that I normally wouldn’t have considered, and I am so thankful for that. Our theme was “adventure”, and it changed my view of Orlando completely!
I always thought of Florida as the “theme park state” but I am learning that you can’t always judge a state by it’s mouse ears! Florida is full of adventure, and if you’re looking for an adventure Florida EcoSafaris is the perfect place to start.
Unfortunately I only had a chance to take one tour on our trip; so I took the Zipline Safari Tour. If you have never been on a zipline, this is the perfect place to take that first jump!I am afraid of heights and jumping off of a platform just seemed so “unnatural” but I would do it a thousand times over again! The staff manning the line were incredibly knowledgeable about the area, friendly, comforting, and funny (you always need someone who is funny with you, when you do something scary),I really couldn’t stop smiling.
From the stepping off the first platform to gliding over a gator, I can’t think of anywhere else I would have rather spent the day. I am planning to take my boys in a few years (when they weigh enough) for their birthday. I know they will flip over spending a day being daredevils! I also think they would really enjoy the horseback riding safari, so we may be making a few trips back!
I have traveled a lot, and done some pretty amazing things, but this definitely gets a spot in my “Top 10 Most Awesome Things I’ve Ever Done” list!
What they offer:
- Safari consists of 7 “zips” and 2 sky- bridges over 3 different ecosystems
- Dual line setup
- Duration – 2 1/2 hours but with checkin and transport, allow 4 hours onsite
- Maximum height – 55′
- Maximum speed – 25 MPH
- Longest run – 750 feet
- 9 Observation Platforms
- Pricing: $85 for adults and children ages 10 years and older who meet the 70 lb minimum weight and 275 lb maximum weight
- Adult: $28
- Child (ages 6-12): $22
- Ages 5 and under free
- Departures at 10AM and 1PM daily
- Custom departures available for groups
- Perfect for all ages
- Wheelchair accessible
- One Hour: $40
- Two Hour: $60
- Three Hour: $80
- Children ages 12 and up (with parent or guardian)
- Children 10 and 11 years old can participate with a parent or guardian if the child has previous riding experience.
- Guests over 275 pounds will need individual evaluation to determine ability to participate.
- Reservations Required.
Want to make your reservations? Book Your Adventure Today!
~ Open & Honest: I received a media pass so I could write this review. All opinions, praises, and complaints are my own, and I hope they help you make your travel memorable.