If you like roasted corn, you will love this recipe! I wish I would have made this earlier in the summer because I would have taken it with me to every bring-your-own-dish function we attended. This makes a great side, but honestly, this Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe is so yummy I could eat it as a main dish!
While we are on the subject of food, I wanted to mention that my kids have helped me in the kitchen every day. They love to help me prep meals, and have even started using the oven and stove more often. As a mom, many times it is easier and a lot less frustrating to have the kitchen to yourself, but don't forget about the kids because with a little patience and training, they can become a huge help in the kitchen!
Today, when I was preparing dinner and this recipe, my daughters were watching me prep all the ingredients, take pictures, the stuff I always do when I'm preparing a recipe for the blog, and this is what they were busy doing:
How cute is that? She's preparing her food, and staging it to be photographed! I love this child!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 2 15 1/2-oz. cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place frozen corn in a microwave safe bowl with about 2 tbsp of water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large,oven-safe skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add onion and cook,for about 4 minutes until soft
- Stir in corn and for 5 minutes
- Place skillet in the oven and roast, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until corn has browned.
- Remove from the oven and pour in a bowl to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn and onion mixture, beans, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add 1/3 cup oil, and whisk until thick
- Pour over salad and stir.