We had this for dinner last night and it was AWESOME! If you want to cut the sugar you could go with regular corn instead of creamed corn. This has been one of my favorite meals to date. It was so easy to make, and the kids loved it (they even ate the bell peppers and onions). If you're looking for an easy meal or something to take to a church pot luck, look no further!
Total Cost (Wal-Mart): $6.93
What Cha' Need:
-1 pk Ground Turkey $3.38
- 1 onion chopped .61
- 1 green bell pepper diced .78
- 1 can creamed corn (drained) .68
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained) .98
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix ..50
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
How Ya Make It:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400
- Cook ground turkey. Mix in onion, bell pepper,cream corn and diced tomatoes. Cook till veggies are soft and add bbq sauce. Spread into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Prepare the cornbread batter as directed and pour over the meat mixture, spreading evenly to cover the entire pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.