Easy Chili Loaded Potato Bar Recipe
We have always loved loaded potatoes and this recipe takes it one step further by adding chili to the mix. This meal is perfect for those cold winter nights. It’s a quick and easy meal, and if you have any of the chili mixture left over you can eat it for lunch the next day!
Ground Turkey: $3.98
Green Pepper: .60
Diced Tomatoes: $1.24
Chili Beans: .68
All seasonings considered on-hands
Total Cost: $8.64 —– $1.08 per serving
- 6 potatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans undrained
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground turkey and drain
- Saute green onions and pepper in oil or butter
- Add in ground turkey,tomatoes, beans,and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil then rest on low until potatoes are ready.
- Wrap each potato in cellophane and cook for 6 minutes in the microwave.
- Or if time allows bake potatoes in the oven/grill as usual