~This post was written as part of a campaign with Double Duty Divas, Pampers, and Dr. Brown’s. I purchased some of the items, and received others in exchange for sharing this post. I am giving this gift set to my favorite first time mom, my sister-in-law Krystal. All opinions and reviews are my own. I wouldn’t share anything with you, that I don’t personally believe in and find value in. I don’t want to waste my money, and I don’t want you to waste yours either!
I love shopping for new moms. Becoming a first time mom is a journey like no other! There are so many firsts that come with delivering your first child, and showering a mom-to-be with essentials is one of my favorite things to do. There are many types of baby showers, but I always give the same way. I love sharing my “favorites” with new mommies. I have four children, so I feel like I have tried almost every baby product on the market. I don’t claim to be an expert, but I do know what did and did not work for my family. That’s why you’ll notice that I chose to give some of my all-time favorite baby gifts in what I like to call, my “New Mom Survival Basket”.
This basket includes a lot of items for first time moms, but let me tell you a little about my favorite products.
– Pampers Swaddlers and Sensitive Wipes. My daughters had very sensitives skin (an issue I never had to deal with, with the boys). Pampers diapers were the only ones we could find that didn’t cause them to break out in a rash. The Pampers wipes were also a favorite of mine because they are so stinkin’ soft.
– Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow bottles. Oh my goodness… I can not say enough good things about these bottles. I nursed and bottle fed my babies, and I had serious issues with all four of them spitting up all over the place when I would bottle feed. I didn’t discover these bottles until I had my second child, and they were a life-saver. I won’t lie, washing bottles is a pain, and adding the additional pieces to the mix can feel like quite a chore, but it is SO worth it! When we started using the Dr. Brown’s natural flow bottles with our son his projectile spit-up was a thing of the past. We literally threw out all of our other bottles and stocked up on these. We never went back to regular bottles. Of course we were given other bottles as gifts for our girls, and we did try them, but again ended up tossing them. I haven’t found any other bottles that compare to these. First time moms will never know how lucky they are if Dr. Brown’s is all they ever use, but that’s okay!
– The Diaper Genie. I have tried other types of diaper pails, and this one is the only one that didn’t make the entire room our house smell like a landfill when the bag was replaced. Any diaper pail seems great at first, but once you start changing the bags, that’s when you truly discover whether or not you made a good investment.
– Dr. Brown’s Nursing Pillow. Even if you don’t nurse a breastfeeding pillow will save your back when you are feeding your newborn. Even my husband used the pillow to feed our babies. Oh, and if you purchase one, make sure you choose one that comes with washable covers because spit-up or spills are bound to happen and a stinky nursing pillow will soon find it’s way to the trash… trust me on this one.
So those are just a few of my favorite first time moms products, but as I said you can see that I’ve added a lot more to this gift set. i have never personally used some of these items (mostly because they didn’t exist when I had babies). To make your shopping trip a little easier, I will link to everything I’ve purchased so you can surprise the mom-to-be in your life with some awesome gifts.
This gift set includes:
– Pampers Swaddlers
– Pampers Wipes
– Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Bottles Starter Set
– Dr. Brown’s Breastfeeding Pillow
– Dr. Brown’s Breastfeeding Pillow Cover
– Dr. Browns Pacifiers
– Dr. Brown’s Pacifier & Bottle, Tooth & Gum, and Nose & Face Wipes
– Dr. Brown’s Ridgee Teether
– Diaper Genie & Diaper Genie Refills
– Gerber Washcloths (buy 2-3 packs of these!)
– Bright Starts Princess Crown toy and rattle (all of my kids loved this rattle)
– Purell Hand Sanitizer To-Go
– Adorable Pink Headband (fastened to the top of the basket)
– Munchkin Sarabear Portable Diaper Caddy
– Parent’s Choice I Love Mommy Bib Set
You can learn more about some of my favorite products on Facebook and Twitter.
Pampers Twitter & Pampers Facebook
Dr. Browns Twitter & Dr. Browns Facebook