It’s that time of year again. The kids started school almost two months ago, and it has already begun. We all got sick for the first time within a month and thankfully it was over pretty quickly. Unfortunately, it will only get worse from here. It doesn’t help us any that our children have allergies out the wazoo and seem to feel down every time the weather changes drastically (here in North Carolina that can happen three times in a week).
Today I’m sharing my natural medicine cabinet must-haves for the kiddos. This isn’t an extensive list, just my top 5 favorite remedies I can’t live without during cold and flu season.
Natural Medicine Cabinet Must-Haves:
- A Great Thermometer – We started with the pacifier thermometers, then the regular old school thermometers, but with four kids in the house we found that the quick and fairly germ-free ear thermometer was the best way to go. I being the skeptic I am, I had to keep the old thermometer to test the in-ear version to make sure they both gave the same results, which they did. I finally got rid of the old one after seeing the kids pass it back and forth to take their own temps. GROSS!
- Vapor Rub – All-natural vapor rub makes me feel old, I won’t lie. You know how your grandma had one “medicine” that cured everything? Or maybe she believed that every issue was cured by trying to use the bathroom first? Well, that’s me with vapor rub. You have a cold, the flu, allergies are acting up, you got stung by a bee… Here try some vapor rub! No seriously, though. My kids can come to me with a variety of ailments and vapor rub is usually my first attempt to comfort them. I have even used it for headaches. It works well for me when I have an allergy headache, stress headache not so much. Maty’s all natural vapor rub gently relieves coughs and congestion and is petroleum free, paraben free, and chemical free.
- Hot Water Bottle For Kids – Hot water bottles are the perfect way to warm up a sick or feverish child’s bed before nap or bed time. They are also great for headaches (use cold water), and achy muscles from the flu or falls. Choosing a hot water bottle made for children is helpful because they are more likely to keep it with them when it looks like a sweet, cuddly lamb.
- Organic Cough Syrup – I am not a fan of cough medicine for children unless it is all natural. It is scary to think of all of the harmful side effects of regular cough syrups. If you’re looking for a safer alternative, Maty’s Organic Cough Syrup is the way to go. With ten immune boosting ingredients, no harmful side effects, and fast relief, you can rest easy knowing you’ve given your sick kiddo the best.
- Nighttime Cough Syrup for Children -I love organic cough syrup for the daytime hours, but at night I find that my children get the most rest when I give them a nighttime cough syrup. Maty’s Nighttime Cough syrup contains chamomile and nutmeg that are great for calming and soothing a sick child before bedtime. I am a huge fan of chamomile and lavender, so I would also recommend using a lavender scent pack or pillow in your child’s room (all the time, but especially when they are sick).To get even more tips for keeping your kids healthy in a safe and natural way, follow Maty’s on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest and Instagram.
This post was sponsored by Maty’s Healthy Products. All opinions are my own.