Is it just me, or are moms completely overworked? Does this sound like you or a mom you know (if so you or your mom friend may be in need of a holiday! (month)). Here are just a few of the crazy things I have been known to do:
- Put the bread in the freezer and the ice cream in the pantry.
- Poured milk in the coffee pot and water in the sippy cup (hey, at least I didn't pour coffee in the sippy cup)
- Played with the dog and put the kid out. (This was a rather productive day)
- Put the checkbook register in the mailbox instead of the bill. (Maybe if I send it away it will come back with a positive balance).
- Microwaved the peanut butter (did you know that peanut butter will catch on fire?).
- Used hair gel as toothpaste and hand sanitizer as shampoo (though not in the same day and who in the heck put the sanitizer in the bath tub (I think I know)).
These are just a few of the crazy things I may or may not have done (have not, if you are from child protective services) over the past year. I find myself standing at the fridge looking in, with no idea what I'm there for. I'll call someone and forget who and why before they answer. Sometimes I think each pregnancy took a little more of my mind. What's even scarier is that people (namely my children) can be talking to me, and it's like I'm in another world; and we are in the same car. I have taken up permanent residence in la la land anytime I'm not directly responsible for someones safety (like when I'm sitting in the passenger's seat).
Tell me I'm not the only one, but more importantly tell me this will indeed get better! As of right now my plan is to add one more thing to my personal agenda: CREATE NATIONAL HOLIDAY. This is currently moving up to the top of my To-Do list (it was number 355,643,184,877).
So today I am crossing this bad boy off the list!
I hereby proclaim on this day, March 11th two thousand and eleven, that March is National Moms Need A Spa Break Now Month, also known as NMSPBNM!
It's really simple for non-moms to help moms celebrate this month long holiday! All you have to do is make sure your mom takes weekend spa breaks (every weekend). You can send them to health spas, day spas, food spas, scrapbooking spas, it really doesn't matter. Just get their butts out of the house and away from everything that is causing them to loose their minds! Trust me your country will thank you! Moms need a break. Imagine what your mom/wife/sister/friend may be able to do after a 1 hour massage, facial, mud bath, and whatever else they have done at those spas (I wouldn't know...).
So in closing, don't think about what your mother can do for you, but instead think about what a spa can do for your mother (that phrasing sounds vaguely familiar, so I won't take credit for it)!
NOTE: This is NOT, I repeat NOT a personal message to my husband and children hinting at what I want for my birthday, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. It's just a sponsored post.
THAT IS ALL! Good day fellow citizens and enjoy your newest holiday!
(Hallmark if you are reading this I have some amazing ideas for NMNASBNM cards).