We’ve shared our Valentine’s Day Tootsie Roll bank craft so today we are sharing this version. Say hello to our Love Day Tootsie Roll Bank Craft!
Love Day Tootsie Roll Bank Craft:
The kids loved the last bank craft so much that I knew I had to do it again. This time I went with a theme that would be more appropriate for the older children and stuck to a basic idea I had for this craft. I started with a saying and worked my decorations around that. My saying was a very popular Valentine’s Day saying “You Make My Heart Sing.” There were tons of things I could have done with this, but I chose to keep it simple this time with hearts and a music note.
Much like the last one, the kids were thrilled to receive these. I tried to mix it up this time by adding some new treats to the bank.
Love Day Tootsie Roll Bank Craft Supplies:
1 Sheet of 12 x 12 Patterned Paper
1 Sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 White Paper
1 Sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 Black Paper
1 Scrap of Coordinating Paper for Heart Outline
Stamp & Stamp Pad
How To Make Your Love Day Tootsie Roll Bank:
1. Cut your background paper (pattern) down to 4 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches wide.
2. Cut your white paper down to 1 1/4 inch by 8 1/2 inches and 1 inch by 4-inch strips (1 of each).
3. From your black paper cut out the words “You make my” and a 2-inch circle. Also, cut out the stem of your music note. (Note: If you do not have a Cricut you can stamp the letters and shapes, cut them out and glue them on.)
4. From your white paper cut out the word “sing” and a white heart in 4 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 inches.
5. From your scrap cut out a 3 1/2 inch heart frame.
6. On the white strip that is 1 1/4 by 8 inches stamp punch to make my edge.
7. Adhere the words “You make ” onto the 1 inch wide by 4 inches long white strip using your sticker maker
8. Adhere the word “my” onto the smaller white heart using your sticker maker.
9. Adhere the heart frame on top of your larger heart using your sticker maker.
10. Attach your stamped border to the top of your background paper using your adhesive.
11. Adhere the word “sing” onto the music note circle with your sticker maker and put the stem of the note behind the circle. Attach to the patterned paper with your adhesive starting a bit right of the center at the bottom of your background paper.
12. Next, attach the heart with the colored frame and besides that the heart with the word “my” on it.
13. Put the strip with the words “You make” across the top between the heart and the border.
14. Once you have everything where you like it, put a row of adhesive on one side of the background. Wrap your background around the Tootsie Roll Bank and smooth the other side over the adhesive.
If you would like to make sure everything stays more secure you can wrap the entire can with clear 2″ tape to secure it better and make sure nothing falls off.
Don’t forget to check out these other Tootsie Roll Bank Crafts for inspiration:
You can also make Tootsie Roll Bank crafts for other holidays! Here are two I created for St. Patrick’s Day and Easter!
– St. Patrick’s Day Tootsie Roll Bank
– Easter Tootsie Roll Bank
This Valentine’s Day Tootsie Roll bank craft was the first of many tootsie roll crafts, and I plan to make them for as long as I can. I have nine grandchildren, and the youngest is only three months old, so I think I will have many years to get as creative as possible with this craft!
If you make one of your own, please email us or share it on our Facebook page so we can share it with our readers!