How to be a modern-day Proverbs 31 woman was inspired by a series I wrote years ago. I started a daily devotion, and today I decided to refresh that series and put it all together in one place!
Before I share these ideas for living the Proverbs 31 life I want to give a word of warning.
What Proverbs 31 Is Not:
If you are looking for attributes of a proverbs 31 women because you feel guilty or not good enough, STOP.
Are you trying to make your family and God love you, STOP!
If you want to be perfect, STOP!
God loves you right where you are. If your season is full of crying babies or teens who talk back, God loves you. Are you fighting daily with your husband? God loves you!
Proverbs 31 isn’t in the Bible to fix your problems, you, or your relationship with God. It’s an example and something we can all use as a reminder when we forget what we can be through Jesus!
It’s who God already sees us as because Jesus died for us!
What Is Proverbs 31:
Need a refresher? Read Proverbs 31 on this Bible site.
Modern-Day Proverbs 31 Woman: Ideas
My hope in sharing this Proverbs 31 project is that you and everyone you come in contact with will be blessed by these ideas. I know you want to flourish as a woman, and I do as well. Let’s start this journey together today!
Proverbs 31 Woman:
- Read in your Bible for at least 10-15 minutes today.
- Clear your mind and let God speak to you! Sit quietly with God for as long as you can without saying a word.
- Start a workout routine if you don’t already have one. If you are happy with your weight and fitness level, you should still try to exert yourself in some way. Remember pain is good, it signals growth 😉
- Take a nap (even if it’s only 30 minutes). You know you want to 🙂
- Make a 30-day goal. Is there something you would like to accomplish over the next 30 days? Make a goal and make it happen. Share it here; I would love to support you!
- Walk or run 1 mile today. Praise God by listening to worship music during your walk.
- Give yourself a mini facial. Heat water to a boil, then pour in a bowl or pitcher and throw in a few sliced cucumbers. Then place your face over the bowl or pitcher with a towel over your head. (For safety reasons don’t put your face too close to the water, you just want the warm steam on your face). Once you’re done wipe your face and apply a fragrance-free moisturizer.
- Back-up your important files and pictures. My computer died this morning, and I have no idea if I will be able to get that stuff back!
- Schedule a dentist appointment for a cleaning. You know you need to!
- Pick up a new book today!
- When you put the kids down for a nap, take a bubble bath. You know, rest is important if God designated an entire day to it!
Everything else can and will wait. Trust me; the dirty dishes will still be there when you wake up!
- Take a walk today, and look and listen for the things you often overlook. Hear the birds singing, the frogs croaking, and children laughing. God says that the trees and the rocks will shout his praises. Do you hear them? Can you see the beauty of every single moment? It is so easy to get overwhelmed by everyday life that we forget that a master creator far more glorious than we, created a world to be discovered with new eyes.
Proverbs 31 Wife:
- Text your husband 3 things you respect about him today
- Take time to really think about the things that make you respect your man, and thank God for those traits or characteristics.
- Make your husband playlist of songs that make you think about him.
- Help your husband out with one of his chores today (I’m cutting the grass).
- Plan a date night. Can’t get out tonight? Plan for tomorrow. Hire a sitter and plan the entire evening.
- Pray hard for your husband today. You can pray for his spiritual growth, dedication to parenting God’s way, and for his job. Ask God to make him a strong and loving leader while making you a wife that encourages him instead of beating him down.
- If your husband is also a father, have your children praise him today. They shouldn’t make it up or seek to flatter him, but instead tell him how he makes them laugh, or why he’s their favorite dad in the world ;).
- Make it a point to hold his hand, gently brush hands, hug, and kiss. Just because :).
- Prepare your husband’s favorite meal or dessert tonight!
- Give your husband a 15-minute foot massage.
- Write your husband a love note and leave it on his pillow.
- Try our 30 Day Marriage Challenge
Proverbs 31 Mom:
- Play a board game with your children today.
- Talk to your children about what they liked and disliked about the day. You can use this as an opportunity to challenge them in their walk with the Lord. If something went well, did they praise Him? If they struggled, did they react in a godly way?
- Pray with your children. Thank God for blessing you with your children, and pray over their concerns as well as praise Him for the blessings they shared. Modeling this for your children will have a much greater effect on them than just talking to them about it.
- Dance party in the living room!!!
- Make these cool chore charts with your kids so they can help you clean and learn responsibility!
- Look through photo albums with the kids today, and share their heritage with them.
- Play Hide and Seek in our out of the house. Every one who is found gets attacked by the “Tickle Monster”!
- Take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese just to play games and run around for a while. You don’t have to spend a fortune! Grab a coupon and buy 100 tokens!
- Watch your kids play video games and cheer them on.
- Read them their favorite story (more than once if they ask).
- Spend time talking to your children today about how blessed they are to have a father who loves them, and that God is our Father too, only he’s perfect, so he’s never burned the hamburgers :). Seriously though, enjoy talking with your children about your husband and comparing how he loves them to how the Father loves them and has a plan for their lives. This doesn’t have to take place at the table or as a “talk.” Make it natural and talk to them while you are playing a game or doing an activity together.
- Snuggle on the couch with each of your children individually for 15 min. Tell them why you love them.
- Park time! Everyone loves going to the park. If you have preschoolers get out today (maybe even pack a lunch). School-aged kids, visit after school or pack a light dinner!
Keep house like Proverbs 31 women. What does that mean? It means you go beyond the basic cleaning and look at your home in a “deep clean” kind of way. You can make your life easier with these kitchen hacks I learned from my grandma! Or these deep clean kitchen hacks!
Making sure mold isn’t growing in your fridge (or on the bathroom ceiling). Or watch YouTube to learn how to add value to your home by installing a Hot Tub Patio!
- Clean the entryway to your home today. It’s the first area people notice when they step inside. Wash the walls, clean the baseboards, and take a look around to see if you need to add any decorations to the walls to make your home feel more welcoming to others.
- Tubs and showers today.
- Windex all mirrors and pictures in the house today.
- Kids Bedroom (or guest room). Get in one of those rooms and kill the clutter and junk. Toss out broken toys, give away, or sell toys they no longer play with.
- Get those winter clothes out of the closet and into the attic (assuming they aren’t still wearing them lol).
- Wash the walls and baseboards.
- Clean the light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Steam clean the carpets.
- Wipe down all of the light switch and outlet covers in your home today! Say goodbye to those chocolate fingerprints for a day :).
- Clean your washer and dryer today inside and out. For the washer, add 1 cup of bleach to a negative cycle and let it clean itself. Don’t forget that the disgusting ring is you have a front loader. For the dryer clean the lint screen and then vaccine out space where your lint screen sits (this lint can cause a fire so try to remember to do this often).
- Clean the toilets and trash cans.
- Clean your garage, attic, or basement.
- Wash all of the curtains and blinds.
- Wipe down cabinets and vacuum out drawers.
- Get outside and pull those weeds, or plant a new flower!
- Pray for your neighborhood today.
- Pray for those who have lost everything in the recent tornadoes and consider what God would like you to do to help.
- Today lift up someone you know who is suffering with an illness of some kind. Big or small, it really doesn’t matter! Pray for them for 5 minutes.
- Bake cookies for a neighbor, teacher, or friend today!
- Even if your serving already, talk with the leadership of your church and see if there is a need you can fill.
- Smile and EVERYONE you see today and tell those that serve you (at the supermarket, restaurant, or anywhere else) that they are doing a great job, and you appreciate them.
- Plan a neighborhood party!
- Pray for unsaved family members and friends. Consider a time when you can share your testimony and pray for strength and wisdom to share it!
- Go through your home and find items you no longer need, that can be donated. Pack them up and take them to a thrift shop or donation center.
- Send an email or written letter to a friend today to tell them what they mean to you. Can you imagine getting a letter like that in the mail? That would be special!
- Make a donation to your favorite charity today. You can see some of our favorite charities here.
- Think of ways you can love your neighbors. Then pick a few to carry out.
Are you a Proverbs 31 woman? Share your tips and tricks in the comments!