How to get your kids to brush their teeth, it's easier than you think! This post was sponsored by TheraBreath, all opinions belong to me.
Kids typically enjoy brushing their teeth, and if you struggle with a child who doesn't remember to brush their teeth on a daily basis I would like to share some tips I've learned over the years!
How To Get Your Kids To Brush Their Teeth:
1. Let kids choose their own dental care products - When it's time to replace your child's toothbrush, flossers, and toothpaste let them choose. Show them which items they can choose (it can be as few a two products if they have trouble making choices) their dental care products so they feel like it's their choice to take care of their teeth.
2. Give them a timer and a chart - Our pediatric dentist provides timers but you could pull one out of your board game closet if yours doesn't! Giving out timers and charts to keep track of brushing is helpful for both building a lifelong habit and making sure their teeth are getting clean. My dentist also provides charts, which leads me to #3!
3. Find an amazing dentist - If at all possible find a pediatric dentist! They specialize in children and many of them are amazing. Now I know I am a little spoiled because ours has actually won awards for being the best PD in the US! We are going to miss her when we move. A great dentist will make your child want to take care of their teeth. They won't shame them if they get a cavity, but they will do everything possible to make sure they don't ever get a cavity! They are proactive in protecting your child's teeth and keeping you informed!
4. Make sure everything tastes good - Sometimes a bad tasting toothpaste or mouthwash is unavoidable. You don't know what new products taste like until you try them and some children have more sensitive pallets than others. My kids personally detest bubble hum flavored toothpaste! If your child's mouthwash burns their tongue they are not going to want to use it. That's one reason we love ThreaBreath for kids. Not only is it all natural it tastes like organic grapes! As soon as you open it the fresh aroma of grapes hits your nose! One thing I try to avoid without sacrificing taste is added sugar that's why I love that ThreaBreath uses a touch of Xylitol in their mouthwash for kids.
5. Keep it in the kitchen - What? Yeah, you read that right! We keep two bottles of mouthwash on hand and we keep them in two different places. One bottle stays upstairs where the kid's bathrooms are and the other is in on the kitchen counter! Ever heard the saying "Out of sight, out of mind"? By keeping one bottle of mouthwash in the kitchen my kids are reminded to run up and brush their teeth before school and after they eat. Sometimes they will come back down to use mouthwash so they can swish while they wait for the bus. The more my children see mouthwash and other hygiene items the more likely they are to use them!
To help you and your kids get started on a journey towards healthy teeth I am sharing a BOGO coupon for ThreaBreath!
Remember ThreaBreath Kids is:
- Now certified gluten-free
- Helps prevent cavities
- Freshens breath
- Includes no artificial colors or flavors
- Taste great! Kids love it!