This year my one and only fitness goal is to train and compete in my first fitness competition. I am not sure which category I will choose yet, but I will either compete in the bikini or figure category. I like the softer look of bikini, but think I could also pull off figure.
I originally started training last year, but due to many things I was dealing with personally and a crazy work load I had to take a break from my training. The first time around I got obsessed (which is totally like me) with training, foods, and my body so I needed to break away from all of that to figure out why I really wanted to do this. At the end of the day, my motivation for everything I do ought to come from a desire to bring glory to God and not myself. Thankfully after a good long rest and much prayer and consideration I am back in the game.
I plan to break my training up into 3 phases; pre-training (4 weeks), training (4 weeks), and I’m gonna die (4 weeks).
For the first four weeks I will work training back into my lifestyle as well as re-introduce healthy eating. Basically, I know that if I jump right back in I will get discouraged and make it harder on myself than it has to be, so I plan to ease into it.
Week 1-4 plan:
– Start eating 6 small meals a day, eliminating most unhealthy foods from my diet.
– Still allow myself one cheat day per week
– Work out 1x per day, 6 days a week
– More cardio for this phase to work off the fat I’ve acquired during my break. I personally hate cardio, so this will be a pain, but it’s worth it.
Here’s fitness competition food list I will use to create my weekly menus:
– Chicken Breast
– Turkey Breast
– Fish (Salmon and Tilapia)
– Sweet Potato
– Dark Greens
– Spaghetti Squash
– Vegetable Juice
– Frozen Mixed Fruit (pineapple, peaches, strawberries, mango)
– Whole Milk
– Greek Plain Yogurt
– Full Fat Cheese
– Coffee Creamer (I will go to all-natural for the next phase, but for now I’m keeping my Almond Joy Creamer)
– P3 Portable Protein Packs
– Protein Bars
– Protein Shakes
– Brown Rice
– Whole Grain Pasta
As you can see, nothing too crazy yet. Not that I ever really go completely loco. I like to keep a wide variety of food on my plate, and depending on how my body changes I may not get rid of any one category. I do find that I have to watch my fruit intake because it is loaded with sugar.