As a mom of four, I can tell you that my butt used to be FLAT… flat, flat, flat! After having four babies, and sitting on my tush as a blogger for years, I had no hope of ever having a booty! I honestly had no idea that I could change my rear! Until I met my great friend, the SQUAT! Squats are a booty’s best friend, and if you want to have a nice butt, squats are essential!
There are so many different kinds of squats, but my favorite squat (as I have mentioned over and over again) is the Goblet Squat! This exercise is also listed as a part of my leg workout.
Before I started working with my online personal trainer, I did these squats every single day. Now that he’s killing me with his routine I have cut back to twice a week. Okay, fine sometimes I do them when I’m at home and walk by the mirror and see my booty…. it’s like it’s just begging me to drop it like a squat! 😉
If you are new to exercising you may want to cut this workout in half to start with. Instead of doing 30 reps just do 15 reps for 3 sets. Only do what you can do without hurting yourself, but make sure you’re pushing yourself!
Drop It Like A Squat Booty Workout:
Always warm up for 10-20 minutes (treadmill, stair master, elliptical)
– 30 Goblet Squats (3 sets)
– 60 Walking Lunges (3 sets) (To make this exercise harder you can use Leg Weights or pass a 5-10 pound dumbbell between your legs as you lunge).
– 40 Side Lunges (3 sets)
– 50 Weighted Bridges (3 sets) – I use a 25 pound plate at add resistance to this exercise. I would recommend starting with no weight, and slowly adding weight in 5 pound increments as you get stronger.
– 50 Weighted Kickbacks ( Use Leg Weights to get an even better burn)
– 25 Jump Squats (4 sets) (Again, Leg Weights will make this exercise more difficult)
So there you have it! I would love to hear what you think about this workout if you decide to try it for yourself! After a few weeks, you should see some major improvements in your derriere! Happy squatting!