When I came home from the hospital after having Ella, my first daughter, a friend brought me a homemade pound cake.
I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
I had never had a “real” homemade pound cake, and I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Losing the baby weight wasn’t on my mind yet. I searched out recipes and found this one.
I’m not sure if my friend used a similar recipe, but since I love cream cheese desserts I figured this would hit the spot.
Thankfully, this cake is just as good. The first time I made it, I lost count of the sugar I was adding and ended up using an extra 1/2 cup.
It was delicious!
So, the second time I counted correctly, the cake wasn’t as good. It figures!
More sugar equals better pound cake! My “edited” version includes the extra 1/2 cup of sugar.
The crust on the cake is excellent. Probably my favorite part.
I promise you, though, if you make this, plan to take some to somebody else.
If this cake sits in your house, you WILL eat all of it!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe:
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Ingredients:
Three sticks of unsalted butter, softened
1 8-oz. block of cream cheese softened
3-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups cake flour
How To Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add salt and vanilla to the bowl.
Then add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
Finally, add flour, dividing it into four sections.
Pour mixture into a 10″ round tube cake pan or bundt pan, buttered.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until done (I used my Pampered Chef Stone Bundt pan, so I increased the temperature to 350 degrees).
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip onto a platter. Cool completely.
(adapted from NorthPole.com) Looking for something a little different? Orange pound cake might be for you!
Easiest and most delicious cream cheese pound cake recipe you will ever taste.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese softened
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- Pre-heat oven 325
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition. Add flour, dividing into four additions.
- Pour into a 10" round tube cake pan or bundt pan, buttered.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until done (I used my Pampered Chef Stone Bundt pan, so I increased the temperature to 350 degrees).
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a platter. Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g