Want to surprise the kids with a sweet treat? Try chocolate covered cherry cupcakes! I made them last week for my parents and they loved them! They would also make a super cute treat to take to work and share with your employees or co-workers!
They are super simple and won't take much time to whip up. So go ahead, make a batch today!
What Cha' Need:
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Buttercream Icing (or vanilla frosting)
- Cupcake Corer (I found one at Wal-Mart for $1.89)
How You Make 'Em:
1. Mix and bake chocolate cupcakes as directed. Allow to cool.
2. Core cupcakes and fill each with 1-2 cherries and pie filling.
3. Cut the "cupcake cork" in half and replace.
4. Frost cupcake just enough to cover the cork. I added a little cherry pie filling to my buttercream frosting to give it a pink color and a light cherry flavor. You could also use food coloring. Filling will make buttercream frosting a little harder to work with.