I was looking forward to tonight’s Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Breasts dinner. What a nice way to bring it back! This was super easy and super yummy. You can use reduced fat cheeses and keep this pretty healthy. You can also control it by how much you stuff in each chicken breast. Serve with rice or roasted potatoes and some veggies. This is a great way to get the picky eaters in your house to eat broccoli too!
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.
Did you know that broccoli is extremely healthy? In studies, broccoli aids weight loss because it helps metabolic problems. It also contains lots of fiber which is great for keeping things moving in the digestive system. You have to be careful when eating broccoli because it can make you a little gassy. One thing I will mention is that broccoli is one of the dirty dozen which means you should always try to buy organic broccoli.
Can you believe that broccoli contains as much Vitamin C as an orange? Did you know it also has as much calcium as whole milk?
Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe:
Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup fresh broccoli, steamed
1/4 cup shredded cheese
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
salt and pepper
McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, 23 ozOXO SoftWorks Meat TenderizerT-fal A85724 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Cookware Handy Pot Sauce Pan with Glass Lid, 3-Quart, GrayPyrex Easy Grab 8-Piece Glass Bakeware and Food Storage SetFarberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Aluminum Covered Jumbo Cooker with Helper Handle, 6 quart, Aqua
How To Make Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Trim fat from chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
Place breasts in a large zippy bag and pounds slightly with a meat tenderizer. Cut a pocket in each chicken breasts, cutting into but not through.
Steam broccoli in a small saucepan for 3-4 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Add cream cheese, shredded cheese, bread crumbs and salt & pepper to taste. Divide stuffing between the chicken breasts (you may have extra, so don’t overstuff). Secure with toothpicks.
In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in olive oil, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to the 400-degree oven to finish cooking through, about another 8-10 minutes (If you can’t fit the chicken breasts in one skillet, cook in two batches and transfer to a baking dish in the oven).
Serve with rice or roasted potatoes.
(adapted from Parents Magazine)
6 ingredient Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast. A great way to include spinach in your child's dinner with no complaints! Don't believe me? Just try it!
- 1 10-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese Monterrey jack)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless chicken breasts- pounded to 1/4? thickness
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals, until wilted.
- Stir in sour cream, shredded cheese and garlic.
- Lay the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sear in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Finish cooking in a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes until no longer pink. When you take the pan out of the oven be sure to put an oven mitt over the handle so you don’t burn yourself, because that handle is HOT! I have burned myself a countless number of times from touching the handle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
GORILLA GRIP Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece), BPA Free, Juice Grooves,
Sunbeam Kitchen Timer
Knife Set, 15-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Block Wooden
Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Container, 14-Piece Set
Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan for Stovetop of Oven Use
KitchenAid Stainless Steel Meat Tenderizer, Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 8gProtein: 30g