Were you a tween or teen in the 90's? If so you probably used some of these too (don't lie, you know you did).
Slang is so common that often I don't even think we realize we are using it!
Serisouly though this list is embarrassing!
- Let's Dip & Let's Roll Out & Bounce- Means: "Let's leave"
- Aiight - One of my ex's ALWAYS said this ( Means: Alright)
- Whassup- Made famous by the Scream parody Scary Movie and still as annoying as ever!
- What's the dillio?- aka: What's the deal?
- You Go Girl!- Check out this post to see more 90's slang and tell me what you said!
- All That- or All That & A Bag Of Chips! (Means: The products, person, place, group has everything that makes you like them)
- All, Like, Whatever, As-if!
Oh, how the movie Clueless changed my life 🙂
Example: Did you see Sarah after practice? She was talking to me and I was "all" don't stick your finger in my face, and she was "like" "whatever"! As-if!
- Bangin' & Fine- Ex: That guy is bangin' 😉
- Bling-Bling- Used to describe flashy jewelry (or any jewelry for that matter)
- The Bomb, Phat, Dope, Off the Heasy or Chain, Tight, Mad - Means awesome
- Brutal- Could mean bad or good depending on how it was said
- Bugg'n or Trippin' - Freaking Out
- Chill Out or Take A Chill Pill- Means calm down (usually said right before one of my friends got into a fight)
- Chillin'- Answer to the question "What chu doin?
- Crib- Means: House
- Dawg & Dude & Fool, Homey- Used to address anyone
- Don't go there!- Also often said right before one of my friends got into a fight!
- Word- Said like Amen!
- Down With
Ex: You wanna go to the movies?
Yeah, I'm down with that
- Gank- To Steal
- Get Over It
- That's Ghetto
- Going Postal- & Whacked- Means: Going Crazy
- It's all good- Often said after a misunderstand has been cleared up!
- My Bad!- My mistake
- Old School & Back In The Day- Used to describe anything that happened in the past
- Psyche - Gotcha or just kidding
- Shady- Describes someone you can't trust
- Talk to the Hand
Wow! This is about as LAME as the word lame lol
- Throw Down- To fight.
- To Hate, Hater- Same as today
- Triflin' - Backstabbing
Straight Edge- Person who doesn't do drugs or drink
- Blazed- Getting high (I already told you I was a pot head)
- Rolling- A way to describe people on an acid trip
- You Straight- A way of asking if someone is okay (especially when impaired)
- Po Po & 5-0- Means: Police
- Dank- Used to describe really good weed